20 whole fresh mushrooms
3 cloves garlic
1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
1⁄4 cup shredded Italian cheese mix (parmesan, romano etc)
1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
1⁄4 tsp onion powder
1⁄4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
- In a bowl mix bread crumbs, mushroom steams, and a drizzle of olive oil. Give it a couple of twists of sea salt, and mix thoughly.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and let oil infuse with the garlic for a minute or so. Add chopped mushroom mixture to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
- When garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan mixture cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.