This recipe is half of the servings of the original recipe so that it will fit in my muffin tin.
- 1.5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 package regular marshmallows
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- a few grinds of Sea Salt
- Cap full of Vanilla Extract
- Spray everything that will come in contact with the marshmallow with a cooking spray.
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Stir in Vanilla Extract and Sea Salt
- Add RICE KRISPIES cereal
- Stir until well coated
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray, and press mixture into tin.
Can you believe I have never made rice crispy treats before! Nope never did so I had to change that. I can see now why everyone in high school made them for events. They are SUPER easy. And SOOOOO much better when they are fresh. Of course I tweaked the recipe a little bit. When the marshmallows are melting I ground in a few turns of sea salt, and about a cap full of vanilla extract into the mixture. It really made a difference when they were done. Oh and the real key is spray everything down with cooking spray so that clean up is easier. The recipe listed is half of the servings of the original recipe so that it will fit in my muffin tin. And the toothpicks on top were made by wrapping washi tape around a toothpick and cutting out the flag ends with scissors. This weekend I'm probably going to make these again when we go to a friends house for dinner. But I think I will get some chocolate to melt down to drizzle on top. YUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!
Welcome to my little corner of the internet. This is my space where I can showcase my obsession with paper crafting, and a few products I've cooked up along the way. Thank you so much for stopping by.
EJP's craft shop...
EJP's Webstore for Jewelry, Tiaras, and a whole lot more!