2 Shredded chicken breasts already cooked
1/2 chopped white onion
Mexican Shredded Cheese
Red Enchilada Sauce Mild (can use green enchilada sauce instead)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add onion to the skillet and cook until a little bit brown. Then add shredded chicken to the top. Splash in a little bit of enchilada sauce to flavor. Cook just a few minutes to get the flavor infused in the chicken.
- Take chicken mixture, and set aside to cool.
- Once chicken is cool enough to handle add cheese, and 2 tbsp. enchilada sauce to the bowl with the chicken. Mix well and set aside.
- Take the baking pan, and drizzle a little bit of enchilada sauce in the bottom.
- Lay tortillas flat, and evenly distribute chicken mixture between the centers. Wrap the tortillas up tightly, and place them in the baking pan with the seam sides down.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup enchilada sauce over the enchiladas. Bake in the oven until hot, about 10 minutes.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over the enchiladas. Bake in the oven until cheese has melted, about 2 more minutes.